Monday, December 14, 2009

Doing the Happy Dance!

After all my moaning and whining on this blog its about time I had good news to share about trying for baby #2... I am pregnant! Whoo Hoo! It's very new, I'm just 4 weeks into it and no Doctor's appointment yet. I waited to write on my blog until I told my close friends and family members about the event. I didn't want anyone to just happen to read my blog before I got the news out.

Even though it is early I like telling friends and family about the fact that I am pregnant. I know that the first trimester is scary because its the highest risk trimester for miscarriages. But I also know that if that happened I would want my close friends and family to know what was going on and be there for moral support as well. So, there you have it. I am still praying that all goes well and this pregnancy is as drama free as my last one. I had no problems with KD and the only thing she did that was off track was not turn around for her due date early enough. But she got there when she needed to be. Otherwise the whole thing went picture perfect.

I am so glad we got preggers this time around that JD was home. We would have had a couple more windows of opportunity coming up and then we would have stopped trying a few months to avoid overlapping with birthdays and Christmas. (I don't know if I actually would have skipped future opportunities over those reasons, but JD thinks we would have.) This baby is due at the end of August and JD's rotation shows he is suppose to be home the entire month. That is a blessing and a half. Being a pilot's wife, it can be stressful to be pregnant and know that the due date is when he will be away from home. Of course I am crossing my fingers that his rotation schedule doesn't change. That is always a possibility, but he just got this one with his new position in the Falcon.

People have been asking if we want a boy or a girl and if we want to find out before the baby is born. My feeling is I would take either. I'm 50/50 on the issue. A girl would be great because then KD would have a little sister and I think it would be fun for them to have each other as friends. But then a boy would be great because we would have one of each and I wouldn't feel bad for JD not getting his boy. JD said (after he found out I was pregnant) that he will be equally happy either way, as long as the baby is healthy. I know that is somewhat true, but I know he would like a boy next. We both only want two kids and I know he wants a boy. And on the finding out issue, I would like to wait and be told when the baby is born. Since this is the last time I will be doing this (knock on wood) I would like to know what that feels like to be told on the day the baby arrives. We found out KD was a girl very early in my pregnancy. But I am also curious about what sex the next one will be and I like to get a head start on decorating the room and I like picking out the name and not calling the baby in my belly "it" or "he/she." I think in some ways it helps you bond with your baby to call them by name during the entire pregnancy. JD is pretty sure he wants to find out before the baby is born. So, we will see what we end up doing. Probably will end up finding out early.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOO happy for you!! I always think finding out the second's sex is smart because if it's another girl, you will have a lot less stuff to buy. If it's a boy, you'll need way more brand new things right away. It would be a great surprise to find out on the day though. I wish you all the best with a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Rambling Pilot's wife said...

Very true, it would be nice to know if we are having a boy so we can buy clothes for the little guy before he arrives. I would probably buy unisex yellow/ green newborn clothes to dress baby in if I was going to wait to find out. And I could hold a post-birth baby shower for boy presents. So, it could work either way. I still think we will end up finding out though, even though I like the idea of finding out on the actual birth day.