Thursday, September 25, 2008

My First Rambling...

I tend to ramble on and on when I write... so I thought the title of my Blog should have the word "rambling" in it somewhere. I am a pilot's wife (so that was an obvious addition to the title), I am a mother of an 11 months old girl (currently), and I have a BA degree in Interior Design but at the moment I am a stay-at-home-Mom.

My husband wishes me to not put any super specific information about him, his, job or about our family because he doesn't know who is going to see and read my blog. So forgive me for not posting pictures or anything else super specific. I think I will refer to myself as AD, my husband as JD, and my daughter as KD... its our initials (duh!) and I think that is safe enough. I will say I live in Southern California, that is probably helpful to know but no one can "stalk" me using that information. I guess anything else pertinent to know I will add as we go along.

My husband is a pilot for a charter company, not an airline, and he is gone for 35 days at a time, and home for 31 days. But I cannot divulge his specific whereabouts or the company he works for, so don't ask ;-) He does make enough money with his current job for me to stay home with the baby, who is becoming less of a baby every day. I have no inkling of desire to work at the moment, so I am happy to be home with the baby and raise her. I am glad that I don't have that desire, like some other women have, so I can be happy at home. Don't get me wrong, when I worked I loved it, and I was looking forward to doing more with my BA degree in Interior Design and furthering that career. But once the baby came and JD got his job offer that allowed me to quit my job I jumped on the chance! And for now I am going to be a mom and just focus on that. The rest will come in due time, and I am sure I will be sucessful in the future as an Interior Designer when my children (this includes the future child I am hoping to have in a couple years) start going to school. I do have my business cards out there still, and occasionally get a call for a quote or a question on pricing for someone's friend, mother, or client. But I am not advertising my Interior Design business at this time.

Well, I think that is good enough rambling for now. Thanks for reading my blog!

3 comments:

kristy_103 said...

I have been looking for someone to "ramble" with about the challenges of being a pilots wife...My husband also flies charter although we are lucky to enough to have such lengthy periods away from each other. Ironically enough I also have an 11 month old daughter who I have decided to stay home with! Well anyway, just go to know there is someone else out there in the same boat.
my email is kristy_103@hotmail.com if you ever want to chat!

Rambling Pilot's wife said...

hi Kristy,

I apologize, I never saw your comment on my blog until today. I guess I only check the last few posts comments on a regular basis and haven't figured out how to get this blog to notify me by e-mail when I get comments, unless I put a comment and then check the box to notify me of replies.

I hope you have been enjoying my blog over the past couple years, if you have come back. I hope all has been well with you and your family and little one. I can't believe that my kid is over 2 years old and talking in full sentences already. It's amazing.

Again, i apologize for not seeing your comment before and thank you for reading my blog.

Rambling Pilot's wife said...

Okay... I just figured it out, how to have comments sent to my email. It only took me 2 years LOL