Friday, September 26, 2008


I am exhausted... without JD around to help with the baby she is in tow with me for all my errands. And today I had a lot! I got so peeved when I realized I had to go get the car filled with gas (because I am going to the cabin with my gal pals) and it was already approaching KD's sleep time, and when I got to the pump and swiped my credit card it wouldn't read it. So I had to un-buckle the baby and get her out of her car seat, go inside with the card, go back to the pump and try not to get her near the nozzle (I didn't see the point of putting her back in the seat when I had to go back in the retrieve my card), then go back in and sign the receipt and buckle up the baby again... (I had already dragged her in and out of the car seat a few times by this point and was getting tired of all the in and out and juggling her along with bags and boxes etc.), I was just so tired at this point in the day. I was and am still going on 4 hours of sleep and didn't get a chance to take a nap.

Today I had to make sure the house was ready to be left for a week and that the person coming to take care of my dog had clear instructions on where things were and what I needed her to do... and I had to make an exchange to get KD the right age medicine (because she is teething, and I didn't want to run out of Tylenol while at the cabin if she got cranky and I had grabbed the stuff for toddlers, not babies), drop some things off at various locations and then at home make sure I had everything packed that I needed. I also did these errands in shifts around her nap times. And after my final errands, by the time I got the baby home she was not ready to go to bed yet, I had to bathe her still (she was filthy... food in the hair, black soles from dirty floors, etc.) and then get her all wound down and give her a bottle and try to get her to go to sleep. She went down around an hour after her normal time, that just pushed all my double checking and organizing duties to later in the evening and no relaxing time for me. And I was looking forward to sitting down for a while. Well... its getting late and I need to get ready for bed.

At least I have a wonderful week to look forward to with my friends. That will be a nice little vacation, and time away from the regular going-ons of life.

Oh... and did I mention, I found huge cockroach running across my kitchen counters at 3am when I went to make my crying baby a bottle! Yuck! I had to smash it with a nearby shoe and almost hurled... ewwwwwe!!! Now that's when you really miss your husband, for bug smashing and getting cockroach hotels for them to eat and die and go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yuk! You poor thing! I think I WOULD have hurled....