Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Husband Has a Secret

On Monday my husband, my daughter, and I went to the ultrasound appointment for baby. KD enjoyed seeing the baby on the screen, but got a bit squirmy after a few minutes. JD was dying to know the gender of the baby so we told the technician to let him know but not me. At the end of the ultrasound she wrote it down on a piece of paper for him. She handed me a pic of the baby's face, a front view that looked like a skull, or an alien, and not much like a baby. I don't know why she thought that would make a good keepsake, but JD did notice the baby never really got into a good position for a side pic. And then she handed him a full body pic with the baby front faced still, looked like a skull and a belly and some folded legs. But he quickly pocketed it, saying I may be able to tell what the sex of the baby is if I look at it. That made me think it must be a boy, but I really wasn't ready for the news yet. So I tried to push that out of my mind.

This Saturday we will be throwing the "Baby Gender Reveal Party" and I will know for sure at that point. JD is thinking of another idea of how to break the news to me, so it may not be a present wrapped up for a boy or a girl, as I had thought I was going to get. Should be interesting. All I get to plan is the decorations and the food, the revealing part is up to him. He said he ran his idea by a few people to see if it was a good idea and everyone likes it so far. I don't care how he does it, as long as I know in the end. I am just preparing myself for the news to go either way. I think its a boy at this point, but if the news comes out that its a girl I don't want to feel disappointed. So, I am trying to be open minded to the idea of a girl still.

In other news, today KD decided to throw the fit of all fits and I am so glad JD was home to help me handle the situation. I think it happened due to poor sleep patterns over the past few days and the fact that last night was the first night she had her Binky (pacifier) taken away overnight. And due to the fact that she hasn't been wanting to eat much. She was having a mini fit this morning over the fact that she wanted to wear her pajamas all day and we told her no because we were going to meet her Auntie for lunch. She was okay when we left and during lunch she did fine, but while we were waiting for the check I took her to the arcade area in the restaurant (they had a few games in the lobby). When her Daddy and Auntie came over to tell us we were ready to go she didn't want to leave. But I picked her up and took her out anyways, after a few warnings to say goodbye to the games and leave on her own. In the car she had a full melt down over not getting her way. She was hitting herself in the face, slapping her arms and legs and kicking her feet. I had to sit in the back next to her and hold her hands to her side so she would stop doing that. We told her she was getting a time out when she got home and a spanking if she kept up the hitting. It just got worse and worse during the 20 minute ride home and she was turning red and screaming. At home it was a battle just to keep her in the time out and she got a spanking at one point when she got up and ran around the house to get away from her time out.

Yes, it was a full on def-con 5 level tantrum. JD was great with her. Towards the end of her time out he just held her and walked around the house until it was done. Then we went into soothing mode to calm her down and I got her some fruit snacks and some milk to get some food in her. She was due for a nap soon, and we knew that is what she really needed. After a two hour nap she woke up smiling and back to her cuddly self. She even ate pretty well during dinner. She is now asleep without her Binky again for the 2nd night in a row, I just hope she sleeps well and doesn't get up at 3am like she has been. We are able to get her back to sleep again after she wakes up, but I think that the disruption in her sleep isn't good for her. Anyways, so far so good... she hasn't woken up crying (like last night, from 9:30pm to 11:30pm where she cried every time I left her room). I just hope this behavior gets out of her system before the baby arrives. Its exhausting!


elsja said...

I read your news on facebook! CONGRATS! :)

Rambling Pilot's wife said...

Thanks, Elsja! And that reminded me to write the results on my blog... I've been thinking about how I wanted to write it and today I finally sat down and posted the news. :)